Monday, July 23, 2012

Mixed Emotions

Hello there. So today I have experienced some mixed emotions about a few things, one in particular that I wish to talk about here.

New Beetle vs Old Beetle

Alright, it is not really a versus situation, but whatever. My mixed emotions have to deal with my 1968 baby blue Volkswagen bug. It was my first car, and I absolutely adore it and pretty much every other old bug out there. I just think the old bugs are so much cooler than the new ones. (I am almost ashamed that I own a new beetle. D: )

Anyway, the point is, or the issue rather, is that I don't know if it is time to just let her go, or hold on and save up to fix her up. Volkswagens are German engineered cars, and I could very well be living in Germany in a little over a year. (Cheap parts is what I'm thinking, though that may not necessarily be true.) I just don't know what to do :(   I know that my baby needs quite a bit of work done; at the very least she needs new seals, everywhere! She could also use a shiny new coat of paint. (Some spendy sh*t right there.)

Money issues aside, what gets me the most is my dad's opinion on the matter. He doesn't understand why I don't just sell it. Hmm, lets see here.. Why doesn't he sell one of this, uh, THREE vehicles that do not drive/he does not drive?! Yeah, so back up off me about mine.

Sigh. I just don't know what to do. I actually cried at the thought of selling my bug.

Uhg. I can't write this right now. It is doing me no good. Perhaps I will finish this another time.. If not, well at least you now have a sense of one of the things plaguing me.

Until next time, ..I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Do not sell it!!!!!!!!!! If I could go back and keep my first car I would! :o(

    ReplyDelete